Welcome To Dancehallvibes876 The Newest And Hottest Online Radio Station Around Like Us On Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Dancehallvibes876 And Also Follow Us On Twitter @Dancehalvibes876 Come Party With DJ DIDDY , DJ KHALIFA , DJ WEEZY , DJ WIZZY , DJ FODDY ,DJ NOTNICE AND MORE

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sheba And Former Gaza Members React To The Break Up Of The Portmore Empire 2012

200354_10150109636806400_537486399_7026328_3887383_n
With news forthcoming that the 'World Boss' has disbanded the Portmore Empire, artiste Sheba says she is in shock since she was not informed about the decision.
"I was not personally informed about this. Mi just wake up and see a broadcast message about it and a wonder if a true, but since THE STAR a call me, it look like a true, den," Sheba said.
Sheba went on to say that she had not heard Kartel's side of the story, so she was not in a position to speak about the group being disbanded.
"Him nuh send no message wid him lawyer fi say nutten bout it, but a still music, me say. I want to thank him for a great run - it's been three years. To be honest, this news kinda shock me - is a sudden surprise. it's not something that was discussed with me," she said.
Sheba, whose given name is Tasheba Campbell, says she joined the Portmore Empire in 2009.
"Mi go up a di studio one day and tell him say me can deejay and him say, "mek mi hear a song den", and mi deejay fi him, and him say him like it, and that was it," Sheba told THE STAR.
She is most famous for her collabs with Kartel, including You and Him Deh, Like Christmas, and Do Me Dat (A Whe Me Do You).
Former 'Gaza' artistes sound off
The STAR also spoke with a few of the original members to hear their views on the disbanding of the Portmore Empire.
"I was there from the beginning, and I got the chance to learn a lot of things while in the Portmore Empire that could help me out with my career today. From they remanded him, some of the others should have been trying to work on their craft so even if he doesn't come back very soon, they can still manage on their own. "Empire taught me to fight fi what yuh believe in and him is a man weh him like fi see yuh a do things. So as a female, yuh haffi think like a man but act like a woman," said Lisa Hyper.
Another artiste, Dosa Medicine, said, "I understand what Vybz Kartel is saying. he is away and can't really push their careers the way he could have if he was out. Vybz Kartel is a man like this ... when it becomes too much for him, he will just let it go. I figure more or less that is what is happening. But still, to be one of the original members, it's good to know that the whole world was saying gaza, something I help to build."

0 comments:

Post a Comment